Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It Ain't Over Until the Fat Lady Sings....

If looks could kill, I would be dead. But I stood my ground. The wind whistled, the sun blared overhead and the tumbleweed blew. But I had nothing to fear but fear itself. We stared at each other, eye to eye, man to man.
"Where'd he go?" Curley growled, " I got a bone to pick with that two-faced murderer
I just played dumb as a post, "Well, I dunno, you sure played him for a fool, didn' ya?"
He didn't like that so much. His face turned redder than a tomato. He lunged at me quick as a fox, but I was faster than a speeding bullet, and his face met the cold, hard dirt. He got up, pride shaken and looked at me with a murderous gleam in his eye. I, clearly, was barking up the wrong tree, since Curley thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Curley ran at me again, but this time I didn't get away fast enough. He knocked me out cold.
When I finally woke up, it was like waking up for the first time. My world seemed shiny like a new dime. Until I saw Curley's ugly as sin face, then it was a whole new ball game. My hands were tied, and Curley had a gun, and my life, in his hand.
"That Lennie's a bald-faced liar, bad to the bone, cold-blooded killer. And you can bet your bottom-dollar that I will blow his brains out!" he screamed at me. He mounted his noble steed, leaving me in the dust.
I escaped my prison, and ran like the wind. I knew I had to find Lennie before Curley did.

1 comment: